Monday, May 23, 2005

2nd Sunday after Pentecost Proper 4

I found that for some reason, I had not preached on this text before.

I thought the most important aspect of this text is the relationship with Jesus.

Jesus asks us to have a rock solid relationship with Him. A relationship which he will be in-charge and we will follow His lead.

But then the question needs to be asked, what does it mean to have Jesus in-charge?

I think it is a whole lot more than people who say they have a "personal relationship" with Jesus and they then become in-charge of how they act in their lives.

i think that letting Jesus be in-charge means that He is with me as I walk the path of life. He is there in the good as well as the bad. I don't need a jesus who is only there when there is glory all around, like those "prosperity" preaches say.

No I want a Jesus who can help me celebrate the good as well as giving me comfort in the bad times.

I don't think having Jesus as the rock of my existence is something that can be explained in words. I think it is faith. I know that He is there, period. Not some "goodie" feeling, but a feeling of contentment, a satisfaction that tells me that I am not alone. There is someone who walks beside me.

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home